If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
Combine Development Kit is a framework for Web applications. We strive to help developers create an
extensible development environment for their applications, based on standards, best practice and proven
design patterns. Combine will provided a controller mechanism to integrate with other technologies. This
will give the developer flexibity to choose the model that fits best with the underlying data structures.
Combine will bundle technologies like Phing, Propel and Smarty to provide an easy to use environment out of
the box, and working examples for integrating other templating and data modeling environments.
- Our goal for Combine is to create a simple yet robust open source development framework for Web applications.
- Develop a framework in PHP similar to Turbine
- A Model-View-Controller similar to Struts and Turbine
- Bundled support for Smarty templates
- Bundled support for Propel database object persistence
- A basic login and security interface
- A plugin interface for commonly used components
- A template based code generator for generating templates and actions
- Command line interface for generating code and downloading components
If you're interested in Combine, post or subscribe to the dev mailing list: